Friday, December 21, 2018

Quilt - day 25


Look how close I made my stitches when I quilted. Great job me!
Not so great when you want to pick them out.
I found one more section that I missed. I ran into it while I was quilting and had to stop and pick it out. It took 45 minutes. Ugh. I don't know how I missed it.

But now that I have requilted it I can say it was worth it. It looks so.much better. 


So tired. As soon as it was finished I felt this wave of exhaustion hit me and for the boys' quiet time I passed out on the couch (that never happens). It felt so good to have nothing to do. Afterwards we did some schoolwork and read a bunch of books and made pizza. Then Jared watched the boys while I machine sewed the binding on (just the first side). And I had to see what it was going to look like finished so I hand sewed a bit of the binding on. But since I have four days left I'll take it slowly and enjoy it. It is my favorite part of quilting and can be very relaxing. 

Time totals for today (thanks to my parents for watching the boys for a few hours this morning so I could finish):

45 minutes of picking out more stitches that I somehow missed. That was so depressing. 
1 hour and 15 minutes of quilting.  
30 minutes of machine sewing the binding on one side. 
30 minutes of hand sewing the binding. 

Only 3-4 more hours of hand sewing the binding and signing it with embroidery thread.

Quilt update
Step 1:
Blocks - FINISHED!!

Step 2:Borders - FINISHED!!

Step 2.5:Backing - FINISHED and sandwiched! 

Step 3:Quilt: FINISHED!!!


Step 4:Binding and signing. 

About 1/6th finished. 

Goal: 2 days or 6 hours hand sewing


Total hours: 50.5 hours 
(Plus Jared has put in about 5)

That is a crazy number. 
I've never added it up before. I knew it was work, but wow. I'm glad I'm on this end of all those hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?