Saturday, December 22, 2018

Quilt - 26 & 27

Quilt update
Step 1:
Blocks - FINISHED!!

Step 2:

Borders - FINISHED!!

Step 2.5:

Backing - FINISHED and sandwiched! 

Step 3:

Quilt: FINISHED!!!


Step 4:

Binding and signing. - FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I spent about two hours yesterday and one and a half hours today finishing the binding. I like to take my time and enjoy putting the binding on. It is very relaxing. Though, I think subconsciously I realize I have to give it away soon and so I savor the last few moments with the quilt. Every part of it has become familiar to you by this point - I know where I spent extra time figuring out a block or seam ripping stitches or picking out fabrics. It is kind of like that feeling when you are holding a sleeping baby (or two year old) and you know you have to put them down because another child needs you, but you don't want that moment to end... That's how I feel when I finish a quilt. Part of me never wants to finish it and hold on to it forever. 

Now to wash it... Please don't bleed!!! 

Total hours: 54 hours 
(Plus Jared has put in about 5)


Pictures coming soon. 
Jared and I were talking about how none of the fabrics are our favorites (except the cream dots - I love the cream dots) and some of them are borderline ugly, but somehow it all comes together to be so pretty. 

1 comment:

  1. I can imagine it would be hard to part with the quilt after all those hours of work! I’m impressed. It makes the one you made for us all the more special knowing the labor it requires!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?