Tuesday, April 10, 2018

The Past Two Weeks....

Wow. The past two weeks have been rough around here. A stomach bug has been sweeping through the house hitting us one at a time about every 4 days. I've missed church two Sundays in a row. *Very sad about this!*  You never realize how grateful you are for church until you miss it. 

Warbs had the virus (I think) 2 weeks ago, then Martin last Saturday, and Meems woke up throwing up on Tuesday night. Throwing up babies are so pathetic. :(  Just when I thought we might get to relax and rest up Warbs had an infected finger (that required a doctor visit Thursday) and my phone died Friday which required many hours setting up a new phone (thankfully, a dear friend had just given me her old phone a few weeks ago).  And then Saturday night was my turn to get ill.  I haven't felt that terrible in a long time. I could barely walk around on Sunday. I spent the entire day in bed or on the couch. It was dreadful.  

I am so very thankful for my friends.  I also haven't felt this loved in a long time. I cried. Several people offered to bring me meals. One dear friend left me chicken noodle soup and homemade bread on my porch on-her-way-to-church! That chicken noodle soup was a lifesaver!  And can you get better than homemade bread?  It is so much better than dry saltines. 

Jared took care of the boys.  I have no idea what they ate or did.  He somehow managed to watch them and make a meal for Sunday night dinner. 

Thankfully, I woke up about 85% today.  Thanks to a shower, chicken noodle soup, and an almost full night of sleep. God is so good. I have about 100 projects to work on that have been put off for the last few weeks.  But I have finished lots of books (I have posted ahead through May now - book 22 just finished).  Today I sewed a pair of pajama bottoms for Martin and finished a doll dress for one of my nieces.  I will post pictures of both of those eventually (the blogger app no longer exists and I am trying to figure out how to blog from my new phone)...Why does everything have to change? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?