Monday, April 09, 2018

2018 - book 14

Pages: 180

The sermon series is better. I listened to them my year in graduate school while I was engaged. I re-listened to most of them this Fall. It is such a good series (As is the series on Unbelief, When I Don't Desire God, and on Job - in case you need some other suggestions).  If you have time, listen to the sermon series.  If you want a refresher course or do better with reading, read the book.  The book is edited.  So, you will miss some information from the sermon series. And you will miss the passion and wonder in John Piper's voice when he explains the glory of marriage as being a picture of Christ and His church.  

This is one of my top three marriage books because it describes what the ultimate purpose of marriage is. It isn't to make us happy. It is to display the glory of God in our marriages by showing the world a picture of Christ's love for His church.  

Here is the link to the first sermon in the series:
The series is called, Marriage, Christ, and Covenant. 
There are 14 sermons
They are all excellent. 
I listened to them when I was engaged, a few years into marriage, and last year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?