Wednesday, January 31, 2018

You know what I love?

A good closet under the stairs. :)

It makes me so happy. 

This one gallon of blue paint is really spreading itself out all around the house (we bought it for the bottom half of the school room and I also used it as the accent wall in our bedroom). This is its third appearance. There is still almost half a gallon. Speaking of the school room.  Once I move the boys' toys into the closet, I will be able to finish arranging the school room and take pictures to finally post.  It was the first room to be completely painted, but it has taken a while to finish unpacking the last few boxes of books. 

I was all for painting the closet completely white to brighten it up. Jared convinced me to use the blue as an accent wall and make it more cozy. The ceiling, shelves, and all other walls will be white. 

We found some carpet squares at Ollies that we will be installing after the paint is finished. It is so freeing to paint somewhere and not have to worry about dripping on the floor. How do you like that old flooring?  The trim used to be brown. And guess what colors the walls were? Did you guess Tan? Yes, like everything else in the house, the closet was tan. 

I let Martin help me roll the blue wall. I may be crazy.  It turned out okay... The baby mischievously dropped a matchbox car and my clean paint brush into the paint while Martin was rolling. He laughed. I did not. He is just entering the independent-push-the-boundaries stage of babyhood. 

We will be taking off the door and hanging up a curtain to open it up. 

I'll store all the boys Lego boxes and art kits (that don't quite look nice hanging off the schoolroom bookshelves). Also, the weekly toys (the ones that are on the four week rotation). So, the trains, Trio blocks, Tinkertoys, and Coast Guard things. 

Maybe we'll have it finished by this weekend. 

4 comments:

  1. Have you done a blog post about your weekly toy rotation? What stays out and what goes and how that works for your kids? I'd like to hear more about that. The space under the stairs is looking good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should do a toy rotation post. It works so well for us. Yesterday I told the boys it was cars and trucks week (which means they play upstairs mostly in their room with their matchbox cars). The happily trotted upstairs and played up there for over an hour. The cars are always out in their room and they could play with them anytime they want, but they don't. But they are super excited about them during cars and trucks week. It is funny. Maybe they just need to be reminded that they exist.

      Delete
  2. Also it's weird your blog post is dated Jan 31st when it is only the 29th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know. I set it to post in advance so that there wouldn't be two posts on the same day. Usually it doesn't show up until that date. So weird.
    A post from the future...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?