Wednesday, January 24, 2018

2018 - first book to put down


I really wanted to like this book. I wanted to read more about the subject. But I couldn't bring myself to read past the third chapter. I tried skimming, but the writing style and I didn't jive. The author is a newspaper writer, which usually means a book is written on a pretty basic reading level and a quick read (or at least that is what I have found in the past). 

This one didn't hold my interest and I felt like I was laboring through long passages of text that could have been summed up much more simply. 

Having just finished the best written book of the year (book 8) this one was glaringly terrible. Life is too short for bad books, no matter how interested you are in the subject matter. 

1 comment:

  1. The book is: Go Back To Where You Came From (the backlash againist immigration).

    For some reason blogger isn't letting me post photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?