Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Philippians

Well, we finished Psalm 91 (finally) in the morning on the chalkboard wall. 

Next up:
They are starting to preach from Phillipians at church. Usually they only cover 2-3 verses each week. So, I figured I could keep up with that and it will hold me accountable (maybe) or at least sort of on target. I am going to see if the boys can repeat after me. 

It is a little less daunting because I used to have chapter one and part of two memorized. But in a different translation, so this ESV is throwing me off. Oh well. I was talking to a friend of mine about memorization and different translations. And she said she finally gave up on being word perfect in a certain translation and just enjoyed learning the meaning of the text. As long as she was close enough she was happy. So, that is what I am going for. And if I lapse into KJV or NIV, oh well. 

(It is hard to write neatly and fast - I opt for fast). 

We caught another cold. Today marks three whole weeks of being ill. It is supposed to be 86°F today. Ugh. I don't like it that hot when I am well, it is even worse when I am sick. 

But look at this sky!!
Then sings my soul, my savior God to thee. 
How great thou art! 
How great thou art!

P. S. I have three quilts scheduled to post the next couple Fridays! And I'm almost finished another one. 

Reading: Exalting Jesus is Matthew by David Platt
Three chapters in and it is excellent! If you want a solid Bible exposition, this one is great. 


1 comment:

  1. If you have the Fighter Verse app, they have all of Philippians under the "Extended Memory" collection, Set 1. You won't have the advantage of the songs, but you do get to take advantage of the quizzes.

    If you find the quizzes helpful, you can also add any verse (or multiple verses) to the "My Verses" section and create your own "fighter verses." This could be nice if you wanted to test yourself on the first ten verses without having to go through each quiz individually, for instance.

    I have always wanted to finish memorizing Philippians, but always get stuck somewhere in chapter 2. Maybe I could memorize it along with you and that would keep us both accountable!


    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?