Wednesday, October 11, 2017

One of our favorite Toddler/Baby Books (and two more).

Red Truck is maybe the single most read book in the house especially when my kids are ages 1-2. It definitely makes the top ten. 

I discovered there were two more in the series (not quite as good, but still cute) and we bought them for the boys when James was born. But Red Truck remains the favorite. 

Today has been super grey and rainy. Normally those are my favorite types of days, but they seem longer and harder when kids are sick. I had broken up several fights and decided it was time to read books together. That usually calms everyone down. We pulled these favorites off the shelf and read them to the baby and everyone was much happier.  And mom rejoiced greatly!!! It is amazing the power of books. 

So, splishity splashity wet hooray, our hero for a rainy day is ... Red Truck!! (And yellow copter and blue boat!)

I hope you all are doing some reading on this rainy day! 


6 comments:

  1. So glad your boys enjoy reading. I love when Julianna "reads" books. These look like fun books! I might have to add them to our collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if Juilanna would like them as much. Does she like truck and car books? :)

      Delete
    2. She doesn't have any truck or car books. But, she likes them in real life (and tractors). So, I think she'd enjoy the books. (-:

      Delete
    3. Maybe if she is good, she will get them for her birthday. :)

      Delete
  2. Red Truck is a tow truck, a work truck, not a show truck...

    Red Truck has been one of Isaac's very favorite books since you all gave it to him a year or so ago. We read it again for the 1000th time just a night or two ago.

    Yay for books! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can red truck make it up the hill?

      I'm so glad Isaac loves it too.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?