Saturday, September 09, 2017

May I cut in?

The title comes from my sister. She is the clever, wordy one. I just steal bits of her cleverness. 

Goodbye tan! 
It is amazing how drab and oppressive tan can feel. 

We didn't refinish the stairs. This is the original color of our hardwood. You can see a bit of the refinished wood at very bottom of the picture. The stairs aren't in bad shape. Well, the landing was a favorite bathroom of cats, but the steps are okay. 

We plan to add a door to the left on the landing into our laundry room/mud room (that we hope to build in the garage - which is currently behind that wall). 

Anyhow, my husband speaks my love language (I don't really believe in those...).  I have mentioned several times recently that I am itching to paint something. So he went out and bought me SIX gallons to work with! I plan to do a lot of painting when I come home from ESL on Thursday nights. I am usually wide awake and can't sleep. 

Speaking of ESL, I finished the last thing on my list yesterday - and updated database. Postcards are in the mail, flyers have been handed out, registration night is planned and forms are printed. We have people from six churches helping this year. It is going to be fun (and stretching for all of us, but God always provides). 

Reading: A Loving Life by Paul Miller
Thoughts so far: So many good themes. What true biblical love is and the role of lamenting in our lives (and others and the church)... Only about a third in, but I recommend it already! 

Are you working on any projects this weekend? Have any book recommendations? I'm thinking of reading Til We Have Faces again. I know, a fictional book!?! I've been reading a lot of heavy stuff recently and I think my brain needs a break. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?