Thursday, September 21, 2017

A little paint goes a long way

See that light. I wish I had a better before picture (story of my life). I wasn't thinking. Also, don't look at the hall yet. It is blue (yay!), but I haven't finished the trim or doors yet (bleh, they are still a life-zapping-drudgery-inducing tan). 

Back to the lights...There are two of them. One in the hallway and on in the main entryway. I kept thinking that they would look better if the fixture was black. 

But first I took them both off and ran them through the dishwasher. Wow! What a difference. There was so much cat hair and grease and dish and gunk stuck to them. 

That inspired me to finally get the black paint out and paint the fixtures. I was using oil based paint and I didn't want to chance getting it on the ceiling. So I left about a half a centimeter (I'm an engineer - we like metric) gap. After the paint dried I took a sharpie and coloring in the gap. You can't even tell. :) And the line between the fixture and the ceiling in nice and crisp and clean. 

It looks so much better in person! That dull brass was so dingy. It is amazing to me how a little paint and cleaning and make something look so much better.  Welcome to 2017 little light. May you shine brightly and may I remember to clean you. 

I'm feeling inspired to tackled the brass chains in our bathrooms... They would look so much better black. 

2 comments:

  1. I love the blue - what a warm and inviting difference it makes! I don't know how you find time to paint. But, good job! (-:

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?