Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Still Sick

The first kid to get sick is slowly getting better. He still went to bed at 6:30pm tonight. It has been 10 days. The other three started being sick two days after him and had fevers for six days that, hopefully, ended yesterday. They seemed to be a bit more lively today (at least they were able to make it through a meal without falling asleep, having to rest their head on the table, or crying).  

We have spent the majority of the time on the couch reading books, listening to books, or napping. No one has had energy for moving around the room or eating. I have been alternating between passing out cough syrup and fever reducers and filling up glasses with water and juice and pestering them to drink. 

I think we are turning the corner, but I haven’t had a chance to work on my quilt at all. Even though my fever is gone I’m still aching all over and worn out by little tasks. I will be grateful for good health after this. What a blessing it is to easily roll out of bed most mornings. And it is a wonder to sleep through the whole night without feverish, coughing children waking you up. It is easy to take those things for granted when you have them so easily without interruption. 

Maybe I’ll have quilt updates next week. I’m going to rest until next year. :) Also, my book list for 2022 should be coming soon. Thanks to being sick and a few audio books, I hit 70 books! There is a silver lining to being sick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?