Thursday, December 22, 2022

Antique store find

One of my kids is sick again with a fever of 104°. We’ve decided to call 2022 the year of sickness. So I haven’t done any more on my quilt. It is stalled. But I actually have an extra week or two of wiggle room because the recipient and we aren’t doing Christmas until later. 

So instead of a quilt or a house project, I have a fun antique find. We found this deacon bench (a few weeks ago) while looking for stained glass. We didn’t find any stained glass, but this is going in either the mudroom or front entry way once we finish moving things around. It is sitting in our living room waiting currently to be moved to its new home someday. 

It is solid oak and in perfect condition. Isn’t it lovely? We knew we had to buy it when the price tag said $160. What a steal. 

The kids are currently storing their hats and gloves in the bench and I love that they are out of sight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?