Thursday, February 23, 2006

Psalms 103
Bless the LORD, O my soul,
And all that is within me, bless His holy name.
Bless the LORD, O my soul,
And forget none of His benefits;

I walked into my history exam this morning after stuffing my head for countless hours with Elizabethan Poor Laws, Roman Inquisitions, The Spanish Armada, English Civil War, The Tutor-Stuart dynasty, exploration of China, Japan, and India and more. I didn't study that hard for Reformation stuff because I thought there was no way my teacher would ask me to explain the Reformation. So I sit down and look at my exam and I turn to the back of the exam, past all the multiple choice questions, and matchings. I turn eagerly to the back to see what kind of essay I will have to write. Glory be. I looked and the first choice was "Explain the Reformation in the church. What lead to it? And how did the Catholic Church deal with it?"
BLASTED ALL! I was so happy. I broke into a huge grin and quickly filled in all 30 multiple choice questions, matched 10 different things and started my essay. I just started writing and kept writing and writing. I sit in the front row so I see all these people come up and turn in their exams. I start page two, more people finish and leave. I start page three and four, even more people leave. I look up as I start page five on the Reformation and there is no one left in the class. Heh. So I quickly finished the essay and turned it in. I guess no one really enjoys the Reformation as much as I do. I could have written a lot more, but I thought my professor would appreciate that I cut it short at five pages. He'll have fun grading that.
I kept thinking of what one of the guys in my thermo class told me yesterday. We all got to UMES yesterday and we had done our homework, I mean why wouldn't we? The four of us always do our homework. Anyhow, we get there and the three students from UMES ask us if we did our homework. And of course we say yes and looked puzzled as they tell us that they haven't and we shouldn't. We are all like, what the crap. The homework for thermo is our easiest homework load of any of our physics or engineering classes yet. Anyhow, they go on to complain about how they never turn homework in on time and we shouldn't do it either. We all looked at each other and after they left, one of the guys goes, "We are going to mess them up so much. He is going to have to grade this class on two different grading scales if he wants them to pass." Haha. 'Tis true tis true. It was funny because we were all thinking it, but none of us wanted to say it.
Anyhow, no one will probably find that funny, but me. But anyhow. Enjoy the slightly warmer weather then yesterday. As Linnea told me last night, "It can only get warmer!!!" WOOHOO.

4 comments:

  1. awesome!!
    yeppers, 25 days to warmness!


    verification: LLubye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the exam! don't you love when that happens??

    I CAN'T WAIT TIL ITS WARM

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should all visit Nepal... it's HOT here. Only light jackets needed in the morning and evening, but that isn't even really needed.

    You've all got a place to stay too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even cooler then the place I stayed in!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?