Monday, January 23, 2006

Yesterday a bunch of the girls went down to the Taylor's home to say goodbye to Hayley. I think she is the last one to go back to college. We will see them all again, but it is still sad each time all my friends leave. Next year I will be leaving to. I really don't know how I feel about that. At the same time that it is extremely thrilling, it also is quite scary. More on that whenever it happens. Right now I am just trying to enjoy my family and friends that are still at home. I've said it before but all my friends are so awesome!!! I am blessed.
When we got to the Taylors, Mrs. Taylors fed us soup and sandwiches. Yum. Then we took a walk to the park and played on the playground. I expect to see pictures from all of you that had a camera. :)
Hannah S., Linnea, Anna, and I decided to head back to the house using the "shortcut path" through the woods. We had been watching this guy wander around this boathouse and onto a boat and back around the boathouse and as we started off towards the path, he got in his car and drove by our side of the parking lot and beeped at us twice. We sort of all looked at each other and were like what in the world? And headed on across the parking lot. This guy then parks near the playground, on the other side of the parking lot and gets out and walks around another little building. We are about half way across the parking lot now. He gets in his car and drives back to the boat house and sits there. We are now on the far side of the parking lot and almost to the path. He drives is car past us to the entrance and as he drives by he honks the horn twice again. We laughed it off and headed into the woods joking around about what he was really up to and stuff. We had a nice little walk through the woods telling each other stories about woods and creepy things that happen in them. You know, just for the fun of it. Why is this fun? Why is it fun to be frightened? I don't really know.
Well we round a bend in the path and see where the path intercepts with the Taylors road. So as we approach we heard a car coming and our minds automaticly must have raced to connect our scary stories and the car that seemed to have been following us. I was in the lead and I hear the other three stop and a split second later turn and run as fast as they could back into the woods. I found myself running after them, my heart racing so loudly that I couldn't hear if anyone was following us or now, but I could imagine it clearly. We stopped a while down the path and sat there with wide eyes looking around. I must say, it was quite an adventure and a free one at that.

See you soon Hayley Ann. Make God keep you safe until we meet again.
-Posty Pans

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?