Tuesday, January 17, 2012

So, a few weeks before Christmas (2), one of my fillings fell out, which led to me having two cavities filled (the one that fell out and another one).  Well, the other one, which is my last tooth on the upper right (number 2, I now know all about these things) decided to be seriously and dramatically decayed and required a root canal... so the week before Christmas, I had a root canal (merry Christmas to me).  And during my Christmas break I had the temporary cap put on it and NOW TODAY FINALLY I am going to get my permanent cap.  My only complaint about the entire thing is how many trips I have had to make to the dentist to have the one stupid tooth filled.  

My other complaint, which is not about this, is the fact that they sell cough drops with sugar! Why would you sell cough drops with sugar that are just going to decay people's teeth and why did no one ever warn me about this?!?  So let this be a lesson to you, I used to think that only sugary drinks (which I don't drink) and candy (which I normally don't eat, unless it is dark chocolate - and that is good for me) and extra ice cream and cake and cookies (which Jared and I don't keep in the house) would cause cavities and tooth decay.  COUGH DROPS ARE TERRIBLE FOR YOUR TEETH!!!  Give them up now or switch to sugar free before it is too late.  :)  

That is my friendly public service announcement for today.  

I am super happy to finally have this tooth over and done with.  I will be even happier after the numbness wears off this evening sometime.   Have you ever learned something in life that seems like something you should have been told earlier? 

Update for last week on goals:
success: 
* read a bunch of short stories by George McDonald which I am counting as my second book this month
fail:
* caught a cold - lay around on the couch all week and read when I came home from work
* worked 50 hours last week even with said cold
* didn't go to the gym at ALL
* didn't cook
*didn't write any thank you notes
* let Jared clean the house and go grocery shopping for me

This week extra goals:
*finish thank you notes
*bake cookies for winning team at work
*bake english muffins (I am out)
*make more granola (just finished the last of my last batch)
*plan some meals for Jared while I am gone
*pack for trip (I am putting this on my list so that I can cross it off and actually accomplish something next week, ha ha).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?