Monday, January 23, 2012

the kitchen table light

Jared and I have a light that is over the kitchen table. The light switch is round and adjustable.  I never turn this light on because it is on the kitchen wall that is the farthest away from the rest of the house.  Jared turns the light on whenever he is in the kitchen, at all times during the day. Many times, when I go around the house to turn off lights, this light is on. It seems to be always on.  My favorite person in the world seems to never notice that the light is on and needs to be turned off. Instead of being able to reach in the kitchen and simply turn the switch, I have to walk across the kitchen and turn off the light.  Until recently this has annoyed me each time I have to do it.  Each time I would think, "ugh, that Jared".

Recently, I have decided to be thankful that I have a Jared to turn on the light and leave it on.  If suddenly my husband disappeared, I would be very sad and probably turn the light on just so that I could go in later and turn it off.   I am thankful for Jared and my kitchen table light (even though I still choose the other kitchen lights to cook with).

And I wish he were in my hotel room to turn the lights on for me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?