Sunday, April 29, 2007

I've never been homesick before. Last semester I would have said that I missed home, but not to the point that I was sick for home. During the past few weeks, I have developed an acute case of homesickness. I have this extreme longing to go home and see the people that I love so dearly that are at my home. These people make home home. I was thinking about it and if my family were to move somewhere, I would consider that to be home. They are home. And no matter where they are, that is my home. I guess what I am trying to say is that I miss my family so much it hurts and I can't wait to see them again and talk to them and laugh with them. I can't wait to come home to my own church where they sing hymns the correct speed and don't drag the words out so much that you want to shoot yourself. I am very thankful for my wonderful family and church! I only have 19 days until home. So here begins that countdown to home!

Although, I guess that really isn't my home either. My home is in heaven. I wonder if I should be homesick for heaven? I guess I should long and desire to go home to my home in heaven. And I suppose that I should long more for that home then my earthly home. I wonder why I don't? Where do you strike the balance? How do you long for heaven and live your life? Because when I am longing for my earthly home, it distracts me from the jobs that I am doing. How can you long for heaven and not let it distract you from what you are supposed to be doing right now? Maybe it is just keeping heaven in your thoughts and remembering that this world is not our home and we are just passing through... If we were to keep this in our minds, the things of this earth wouldn't seem so important all the time. I don't know... there are a few random thoughts for you all to think about or read and go on with your lives.

John 14
1Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
4And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
5Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?


That last verse was thrown in there for Luke. If any of my family sees that, please show it to him. I had to teach him this whole section for AWANA. heh. I remember that last verse quite clearly. It is really funny to hear Luke recite it.

Good night all. I have to get some sleep. I can't write anymore of this research paper tonight. It is killing me. Thank God for summer and family time!

5 comments:

  1. I love you, dear daughter! I struggle with the same thoughts about heaven at times, too. For me, it seems I feel more for here because it is what I know and see; heaven is still a "dream" in a way.I think the really lovely times here are pictures of heaven (shadowlands). I think you have a very healthy balance already; the very fact you care about such things shows the Holy Spirit's work within you. Keep pressing on. It hurts like crazy now, but one day this will all be a memory, too! Sometimes it is as Elizabeth Elliott says, just a matter of "doing the next thing." You're doing wonderfully; we are so proud of you. We love you and are praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i actually updated, by the way! heh heh (sorry to get you excited, thinking you had 2 real comments...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're too young to dwell much on heaven. There is so much of God's goodness here. I remember your mom and I talking about this when we were young(er) and loving so much to be with our hubbies and kiddies that we wanted to "stay". Not that that has changed, just as you get older one wearies easier of the trials and sadness of this world and your loved-ones and friends go to eternity-you start to long for Heaven more.And I bet it seems even more so when you're 80.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speaking of helping Luke with AWANA memorization... do you remember when he was trying to learn the books of the Bible and I drew pictures to help you teach him: "Hag E eye," et cetera?

    And I disagree with Mrs. Taylor, I don't think you're ever too young to dwell much on Heaven. Personally, I can hardly wait. Life here would be more pleasant if more people spent time thinking about Heaven. I'm always reminded of the Focus on the Family Radio Theatre - Dietrich Bonhoeffer (sp?): "Do you ever think about death, Sabina?"

    I absolutely love the music in the beginning of that radio theatre. You know the part right after he is hanged?

    Miss you too, by the way. It won't be long now until you're home for Summer, though. Then it's off to the Grand Canyon! Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. miss you too faith!!

    word verification:

    *figpop*

    HAHAHAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?