Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Dinner and a Movie...

Heh... or something like that. Dinner with my family is always an adventure, especially when Dad is totally in control. So I invited Jared to have dinner with my Dad, Sarah, Luke, and Hope having no clue what to expect from all of them. We walked over to Applebees from our house (I haven't done this is years - I think the last time was with some Taylors). Well, on the way over my Dad decides to go into the Tractor Store and get a part for the camper (that he has been trying to fix). So we wandered around in there for a while and Sarah and I tried on a few hats. I really cannot wear hats. Everytime I put one on I look totally ridiculous. But it gives me a good laugh. Then we checked out the snowblowers (I hope we get snow this year...and lots of it!). And then we trotted off to Applebees and we were seated at one of those round tables with high stools that spin. I had a blast. My sandwich was HUGE and it kept sliding apart and getting barbecue sauce all over my hands. Blah blah blah... When it came time to leave, my dad had the great idea that we all needed to shift seats to the right. So we each shifted and then as we came to the front of the table (since we were in a corner) we would exit the circle. I changed five seats before leaving the table. :D Crazy right. Haha. My dad is great.
Next we walked over to McDonalds for Ice Cream Sundays (and Hope ordered fries - she always does). The flowers on the table were real, how weird is that. Then we strolled over to Target and looked at the hats and gloves and scarves and I got to see Corie (he used to work at CFA with me - funny guy - he used to sing all the time in his really high voice). Sarah and I walked over to look for brown shoes for her, but they don't have any good ones. So we headed over to the toy department and spend quite a while over there. Time doesn't seem to exist when you are having fun, until you have to leave. Luke talked me into buying Batman Begins and while I was doing that everyone was peering in the two way mirror. The funny thing is that I am sure someone on the other side was quite amused by five faces looking in at them. :) Silly kids.
Then we walked home and I studied for three hours and went to bed. And I have an exam in my worst class today at one. Hopefully, I will be able to pull something off. I will be a lot happier once this exam is finished, no matter how I do. And I doubt I am going to do well. But understanding three out of four physics courses is fine with me (as long as I sort of understand the third). So, I am going to go study.
See all of you tonight who come to Bible Study.

2 comments:

  1. the only reason I do it is if I find a typo that really annoys me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dads are great. especially yours:)
    yes, we must get some snow, so y'all can be snowed in over here!!
    ditto...what the heck are fresh flowers hangin out in McDs? wacky. dang wacky.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?