Thursday, April 13, 2023

Books of 2022

 I am just a bit late posting my list of books for 2022...

2021 List (There are links to lists from 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017 in that link)

A few notes:
a) I read:
70 books. 
17610 pages
48 pages a day

b) My top three read authors were:
Dale Ralph Davis
E. Nesbit
George MacDonald

c) We really loved E. Nesbit books and they were a balm to our souls when we were sick for half the summer. Literally half the summer (24 days in May, 7 days in June, 21 days in July, and 14 days in August).

d) 39% were fiction (27 books).  26 of those books were read to the kids. I read one fictional book for myself - Our Mutual Friend.  It was excellent. 

e) Winter Holiday, The Enchanted Castle, and The Princess and Curdie were my favorite reads to the kids. I thoroughly enjoyed all of them.  The Swallows and Amazons Series is such a treasure of a series. I love it more and more. Books 2,4, and 6 have been my favorites. But they are all such gold.  Anne of Green Gables was also a fun read and Charlotte's Web is always a favorite! 

f) I abandoned books again this year and it didn't bother me. 

g) 46% of my books came from the library. 

h) I didn't borrow any books. I guess all my reading-the-same-type-of-books-as-me friends live in other states now. 

i) I focused on books that we had around the house and only bought 5 books this year. 


I am dividing this list into favorite books that I read to myself and books that I read to my kids. 

My Favorite Reads (In no apparent order)

The Dawn of Redeeming Grace: Daily Devotions for Advent - Sinclair Ferguson

1 Samuel: True Word for Tough Times - Dale Ralph Davis

Joshua: No Falling Words - Dale Ralph Davis

Judges: Such a Great Salvation - Dale Ralph Davis

Suffering Is Never for Nothing - Elizabeth Elliott

Making All Things New: Restoring Joy to the Sexually Broken - David Powilson

Parenting by God's Promises: How to Raise Children in the Covenant of Grace - Joel Beeke (A reread)

Safe and Sound: Standing Firm in Spiritual Battles - David Powilson (A reread)

The Bruised Reed - Richard Sibbs (maybe my book of the year...)

Seasons of Sorrow: The Pain of Loss and the Comfort of God - Tim Challies

Mama Bear Apologetics Guide to Sexuality: Empowering Your Kids to Understand and Live Out God’s Design

Happiness - J.C. Ryle

Matthew (Expository Thoughts on the Gospels, #1) - J.C. Ryle

Reformed Worship: Worship that is According to Scripture

What Happens When We Worship

Our Mutual Friend - Dickens


My Favorite Reads to My Kids

The Princess and Curdie (Princess Irene and Curdie, #2) - George MacDonald

The Enchanted Castle - E. Nesbit

Winter Holiday (Swallows and Amazons, #4) - Ransome

Anne of Avonlea (Anne of Green Gables, #2) - Montgomery

Anne of Green Gables (Anne of Green Gables, #1) - Montgomery

Heidi

God's Wisdom (Making Him Known) - Sally Michael

Amy Carmichael: Rescuer of Precious Gems

Brother Andrew: God's Secret Agent

Nate Saint: On a Wing and a Prayer


*** Lastly, I don't have time to organize the whole list like I have in past years, but if you want to see all the books I read you can 1) friend me on goodreads and I rate all the books there (if I really hate a book or love a book sometimes I review it) or 2) here is my google file with the list super unedited and rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?