Monday, April 05, 2021

I have a couple other post, a detailed list of my meal plans for the last three months and my food budget, some craft posts, some new favorite recipes, and a few house projects, but they all seem vapid. I miss writing about my life, but I also don't have the time to devote to it. I process things better when I am writing things out. 

The last few weeks has been rough. A good friend of the family died, people we know have been in the hospital (with Covid and strokes and brain tumors), Jared is in the midst of his last two classes for his Master's degree, my in-laws downsized (and I spent 50-60 hours packing), etc. And those are simply the externals. Four kids has been way more overwhelming than having three. Tailoring school lessons to specific children has taken up so much of my time. And I always feel like I am behind. Always behind. 

A good friend reminded me once that we all have stuff going on.  It isn't as if any of us is problem free or doesn't feel the weight of the world every once in a while (or all the time). 

So maybe you need to hear this as much as I do. The boys and I have been memorizing hymns for school.  Last month was All the Way My Savior Leads Me. It has been so encouraging to hear the boys humming in around the house or have it pop into my head throughout the day. What a blessing it is that we have a Savior that walks beside us each day, that gives us grace for every trial, and does all things well. 

All the Way

All the way my Savior leads me; What have I to ask beside? 
Can I doubt His tender mercy, Who through life has been my Guide? 
Heav’nly peace, divinest comfort, Here by faith in Him to dwell! 
For I know, whate’er befall me, Jesus doeth all things well, 
For I know, whate’er befall me, Jesus doeth all things well. 

All the way my Savior leads me, Cheers each winding path I tread, 
Gives me grace for every trial, Feeds me with the living bread. 
Though my weary steps may falter, And my soul athirst may be, 
Gushing from the Rock before me, Lo! a spring of joy I see, 
Gushing from the Rock before me, Lo! a spring of joy I see. 

All the way my Savior leads me; Oh, the fullness of His love! 
Perfect rest to me is promised In my Father’s house above. 
When my spirit, clothed immortal, Wings its flight to realms of day, 
This my song through endless ages: Jesus led me all the way, 
This my song through endless ages: Jesus led me all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?