Thursday, October 11, 2018

Hi!

Guys, I have been slacking at blogging.  It isn't that I don't have anything to say. It has just been so busy recently.

I spent the later half of the summer creating a website and Facebook page for our ESL ministry.  Then there were forms to update and flyers to create and handout and interview processes to approve. I am blessed with some great staff members that take a lot of work off me.  But the emails each week are quite enough to keep me busy.  This year we are having classes on two nights and in two different locations.

In September we were supposed to go to OBX with my family for a week, but hurricane Florence came through and closed a bunch of roads and cancelled the trip.  So we just hung out at the house instead and had a quick trip to a closer beach for a couple nights.

September was also the National Folk Festival.  It rained almost the entire time, but we loved it. I was a naysayer up until the night before when I looked up the schedule and saw they had acrobats and a puppeteer. We went in the rain on Saturday and the boys begged to go back on Sunday. So we did.

We started officially doing school this year. So there are books to read and lessons to plan and field trips to go on and science experiments to do.  Science and math are our favorite subjects around here.  They are so easy to build into life.  Right now we are growing a sourdough starter and we have a pet tree frog. A few weeks ago we had a caterpillar.  We had been studying airplanes through the century and were looking forward to visiting Kitty Hawk on our way to OBX, but plans changed and we just made paper airplanes instead. :) That is the great thing about home schooling; we are flexible.

Jared is back in school too. He takes two classes a semester for his MBA.  Three down, seven to go. I wish I was back in school. I am slightly jealous of all his Excel Spreadsheet homework. He has also had jury duty this month. He has always wanted it and the first day he went in he was picked for a 7-10 day trial. I think he has had his fill of jury duty for a while.

I am teaching a Sunday School class at my church this year with two other people. It is on friendship. the topic didn't appeal to me, but I am having fun pulling in a ton of extra resources and expanding the scope of the class. We are five weeks in and we have already read some Gutherie, Piper, Welch, Beeke, Bonhoeffer, Powilson, Rendall-Risner, Butterfield, and a few more. It has been good.

The boys have been active. They love to play outside and we try to get out at least once a day.  Usually they require a bath afterwards. Oh well. Germs are good, right?  Warbie stuck two sunflower seeds up his nose this week and took us to the ER.

That's about all.

This feels like a Christmas letter. ha.

P.S. I updated my books for the year. I back-dated a few and schedule the ones through the first week of December.  I am up to 51 for the year. It is pretty exciting to be so close to reaching my goal for the year. Woohoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?