Saturday, April 02, 2016

Chicken update and Brain Attics

I forgot to take a picture today while it was daylight. However, I wanted to mention how entertaining these chickens are. I go out to change their water or give them more food and I end up watching them run around for 5-10 minutes. They are also becoming more friendly and will perch on your hand if they are in the right mood. After three weeks, I am still a big fan. :) 

Also, the coop has a door made. All the other supplies have been purchased and some cut. Jared worked all day in the rain on it for me. This can count as my Christmas and birthday gift for several years. 

And lastly, a Random Sherlock Holmes quote that my sister and I were discussing and I just wanted an excuse to include it in a post. I find it somewhat useful when considering which facts to remember and which not to bother thinking about: 
consider that a man's brain originally is like a little empty attic, and you have to stock it with such furniture as you choose. A fool takes in all the lumber of every sort that he comes across, so that the knowledge which might be useful to him gets crowded out, or at best is jumbled up with a lot of other things, so that he has a difficulty in laying his hands upon it. Now the skillful workman is very careful indeed as to what he takes into his brain-attic. He will have nothing but the tools which may help him in doing his work, but of these he has a large assortment, and all in the most perfect order. It is a mistake to think that this little room has elastic walls and can distend to any extent. Depend upon it, there comes a time when for any addition of knowledge, you forget something that you knew before. It is of the highest importance, therefore, not to have useless facts elbowing out the useful ones. 
A Study in Scarlet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?