Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Favorite Shoes

I wore cheap flats when I first started working, as an engineer, in a manufacturing plant. I walked all over the plant on concrete floors every day. After a few months I started complaining to Jared that my back hurt. He told me that I had to have good shoes. So, we went shoe shopping. I tried on dozens of brands and styles of shoes. Before I had kids I had time to do that. Ha ha. 

I kept coming back to liking Clark shoes, but they were so expensive. So, we took the time to visit the Clark outlet store. I didn't find the same kind I had been trying on (their Unstructured line), but I discovered their Privos. 

I bought my first pair, the tan ones on the left for about $50 on a good sale. I now have four pairs. Two sit in my closet in reserve, purchased on a clearance sale. I adore them. I wear them all the time. They are completely comfortable!! 


I have put these shoes to the test countless times. They lasted over three years in that manufacturing plant (nine months of which I was pregnant), all over France (where I walked 10-12 miles a day for 5 days), countless hours of standing on my feet teaching, and this past weekend (walking over 6 miles a day with Warren in an ergo, up and down hills around DC). 

I love them! I recommend them. I wear my Clark Privos all the time. They are so easy to slip on. My only complaint is that they don't sell half sizes after size 9. So I own 10s and one pair of 11s. The 10s are a bit snug at first and the 11 has a tendency to slip off my feet (but is perfect when I am pregnant - thankfully, my feet have returned to their normal size after both boys). Regardless, I find them so comfortable and will continue to buy them after I use up the ones I have in my closet. 

And happy almost 10 years, in celebration, I wear a size 10 shoe!! Ha ha. 

Currently reading:
1776 by David McCullough
It is a cliffhanger. I can't stop reading it. I told Jared that I know the Americans win, but at the same time it feels like there is no way they ever could. I love David McCollough's books. They are so interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?