Thursday, October 06, 2011

Fresh Air Quote

I heard this quote on the way back to work from lunch.  I work with people.  I work with people that should not have ever been hired.  I know people that are smart and motivated and don't have a degree.  This quote is so true; most companies do hire people just to do what they are told and completely waste the ideas that those people have floating around their heads.  Jared and I were just talking about people and how if you expect a lot from them, they will usually try hard to reach the goals you set for them.  However, most companies expect little from their employees and so that is what they get.  People rise to the level of responsibility that you demand of them.
 
"Most companies hire people to tell them what to do.  We hire people to let them tell us what to do.  We focused on hiring motivated, smart people."
– Steve Jobs
 
I believe most companies would be much better off if they took this advice.  I like my job because I am allowed to start giving people some room to cultivate ideas of their own.  It is fun to see them be able to see some of their ideas actually happen.  We expect too little of people.  Challenge the people around you.  Encourage them on to better things!  God has trusted us with so much.  Let us use what we have to the best of our ability and help the people in our lives to run the race with perseverance.  Strive to reach the goal. 

1 comment:

  1. wow! great post, Faith! I'll keep this in mind at work next week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?