Thursday, September 22, 2011

1. Work is still crazy, but I still enjoy it.
 
2. I am about to finish my fourth quilt this month (one was almost already finished, one I had the blocks sewn (but not sewn together or with a back or quilt), and two I have started from scratch).  I am feeling very productive.  I might start a few table runners or maybe even another quilt soon.  I even let myself buy some new fabric (because I used up so much old fabric) and 20 yards of Cotton batting. I did use that new fabric very quickly for a new flannel quilt that will soon be making its way to Colorado (for two cute little blond kids - that I get to see next week).
 
3. Less than a week until I get to meet the Stef's children and spend some time with my Hornor "family".  Vacation day!!! Not counting my wedding, because you really don't visit with anyone during your wedding, I haven't seen Stef in over 4 years when I was last out in Colorado.  I am so excited.  I feel like the day before Christmas. 
 
4. I have an amazing recipe for you, but I have to make it first and make sure it is as delicious as it sounds...  I might make it for the hymn sing.  It is something about peanut butter pound cake with chocolate chips (or Reese's cups inside) with peanut butter glaze and chocolate fudge icing... 
 
5. So I walked into my house last night and it smelled like an old person's house. It was musty and like walking into a house full of antiques or a thrift store.  I am not sure what is going on.  The windows are going to be opened tonight and the house aired out.  Also, I am cleaning everything this weekend.  YAY!  Maybe it is the large plant that Aunt Suzanne gave me that was part of her mother's grandmother's plant.   
 
6. Last weekend was great.  My parents and Annadrew and Jared and I spent the weekend in Shippensburg, PA at a Bed and Breakfast.  It was so relaxing to just hang out with all of them and do nothing all weekend.  We went on a 20 mile long bike ride and listened to some fun bands and some not so fun bands.  I bought a bunch of old sheets to turn into some quilts and some apples to turn into apple cake.  I love my family (as it grows and grows).  They make me happy.  Anna posted pictures on facebook.
 
Have a great week.  Recipe and pictures to follow.  Also, pictures of two of my quilts.  The other two are secret for now. 

1 comment:

  1. Are you meeting Steph here or there?! That will be SO nice!

    Musty smells: I think it's all the rain! Our hallway is MOLDY smelling! I would like U. bill to crawl under the house to see what's going on(but I am not disputing the plant theory-the home it came from could smell this way:)

    I am not a hymn-sing person(I won't be singing till heaven:) BUT U. Bill might be bringing us both there. I'll eat a light dinner so I can save room for dessert:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?