Wednesday, November 03, 2010

I had a cavity filled yesterday.  Afterwards I decided that having a cavity filled is really not that traumatic and is actually less painful than having your braces adjusted.  Before you protest, let me explain.  When work was done on my braces, tightening wires or putting tight fitting metal rims around the molars, my mouth was never numbed.  Sometimes it felt like they were yanking my teeth out of my head or pounding on it with a small hammer (which I think he was actually doing at times).   In other news, I have also decided that upper cavities are the easier of cavities because my lips don't feel numb and those don't get bitten while I eat dinner afterwards.  :)

Oh, I found a new TV show that I absolutely LOVE!!  We went to turn on election results, after choir last night, but they weren't on yet.  However, on PBS playing was Masterpiece Theatre Mystery's new show, Sherlock!   I love BBC productions.  They should just be all of TV.  At first I thought that a modern retelling of Sherlock Holmes might be a little bit goofy (kooky), but the more I watched the show, the more enchanted I became with it.  British accents make the show even greater. J  If anyone knows me they should know that I ADORE all things Sherlock Holmes.  He is my favorite fictional character of all time.  This was very true to Sherlock Holmes character, unlike that awful movie that recently came out with Jude Law and that guy from Iron Man.  I haven't seen it, but the previews and reviews I read sounded nothing like Sherlock Holmes.  This felt very true to his character in the books.  Anyhow, I am trying to find a way to watch all the ones that I have missed.  I love love love loved this show.  If it is out on DVD it would make a marvelous Christmas gift for me.  *hint hint*  

Oh, and an interesting fact, the guy who plays Watson is slated to be Bilbo in the Hobbit.  He is great.  I am really looking forward to seeing his performance in the Hobbit, if they ever start making it.  The man who plays Sherlock is also perfect.  His movements and the way he talks, they are completely Sherlock Holmes.  I thought at times that if Sherlock Holmes had a great great grandson, this is probably how he would behave.  I loved the show, the one episode that I saw, and would recommend it.  I hope the rest of them are as good.   I was highly impressed.  I usually don't like TV shows at all, but this was classic and it was British.  Love love love it. 

And since I can't go a whole day without talking about food… I had a homemade whole wheat English muffin with butter and honey on it this morning for breakfast.  Delicious!  I have been so amazed by how easy and tasty English muffins are to make.  Maybe I'll post a recipe sometime.  

4 comments:

  1. I've never had braces. However, I've never thought cavities were that painful. So, I'm inclined to agree with your statement. I just found cavities annoying because of the numbing feeling afterwards. Not that I have had a cavity before...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a fellow Conan Doyle fan, I appreciate the heads up of a faithful new series on tv. My cousin and siblings went to see the movie with Jude Law and Robert Downey Jr. last Thanksgiving. It was definitely an interpretation. Thankfully the writers kept Sherlock's romantic life true and only brought in "the woman" Irene Adler as one who was able to out-think him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uncle Bill and I have watched, I think, two episodes of the new Sherlock. We were skeptical too but we LOVE it! (Hayley even texted her favor as well:-)

    Food: Can't say I have a favorite thing to make. I guess I like to make the meals that I can remember off the top of my head-no recipe. Makes me feel accomplished. I like odd, experimental stuff. Like, this week I will be rendering my own lard from pork fat Hayley is bringing home.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Food: You are making your own lard. That is pretty spiffy. I skim the fat off of chicken and use it to make my dumplings. I also use the liquid I cook it in to make soups. It is delicious!!

    Sherlock is great! I need to watch the first episode tonight while I am at my parent's house.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?