Friday, September 04, 2009

Canning Applesauce


This year I am going to can applesauce (because my freezer is full, I love homemade applesauce, and I have always wanted to can things). I found the cheapest Ball Jars are at Ace Hardware store and most of my grocery money next week will be going towards buying glass jars that I will be able to use over and over again. Don't buy them at Walmart (they are the most expensive). I will post pictures when I start. I am waiting for apple seconds to be ready at T.S. Smith in Bridgeville. That is the best place to buy apples. They are so delicious!! AND I have an apple pealer (two of them actually) thanks to both my mothers; Thanks Mom and Mama Cindy. :)

Oh, and someday I hope to have a pantry that looks like this.

4 comments:

  1. I like the canned applesauce; it looks wonderful; but your kitchen is much more beautiful and cozy, so your canning will look much better than this! Love you. (You're putting your old mother to bad shame, though. I can't do any of this stuff...you amaze me)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl....you've got this house wife thing down!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you want to borrow my food processor(not an electric one-looks like a sieve with a handle on top). Then you can cook the apples with the peels on(more nutrients). Then you place the sauce(peels, seeds, cores, etc) in the "food processor" and turn the handle. Squeezes all out and you have lovely applesauce(no peeling or coring involved).
    Also have some jar funnels you can use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm, that sounds interesting. I would like to try it. And jar funnels would be helpful. :) yay.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?