Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Five things

1. I miss blogging. So here is something short. 

2. Age two is my favorite age.  I'm on round three and it is just as great as I remembered. They are the perfect size to sit in your lap and everything is still exciting. Exploring the world with them is just wonderful. 


3. I will be sad when Warbie turns four this month because he will stop excitedly proclaiming, "THREE, like I am threeeeeeeee!!!!!"

4. Ages four and five are moody. But I love them still. I just really love the little years and wouldn't trade them for anything.  

I just finished a great book on raising children - it is in my trilogy of best child books. I'll review it later this year. It has given me SO much to consider while interacting with my kids. And this that alone it might be the best of the three for knocking me off my self dependent throne and helping me rely on grace. 

5. There were 52 people at ESL last night and 17 kids. Guys, I'm out of space and staff and the people keep coming. It is a bit overwhelming.  Maybe that is one reason the book on grace hit home so much. It is not about me. I can't solve all these problems. I can't convince people to teach. Come Holy Spirit and do your work through us.  Pray for wisdom. 

Bonus: My children might be cats. Today my watch caught the sunlight and they saw the reflection on the ceiling and chased it all over the room for a least fifteen minutes. I made the mistake of shining directly into Martin's eye and then he figured it out. Then the sun went behind a tree and the fun was over anyhow. It was hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?