Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Kitchen Curtains

Thanks to my parents for taking Martin for the afternoon. It is amazing what you can accomplish with only one baby.

It took me about three hours to make them and hang them up. The material is really stiff, almost like upholstery fabric. I bought 5 yards of it at Ikea for $1.99 a yard years ago. I made the pillow covers in Martin's play closet out of it as well. After this project, I only have a little piece left. 

Also, I still like my kitchen in blue better,  but the yellow is growing on me. 

I can't wait for Jared to see them when he comes home!! He has been on a business trip all week and we will all be so excited to see him this afternoon! Life just isn't as much fun without him. 

Also, I am amazed how you ladies who have husbands who travel for work often deal with it. It is exhausting. I admire you. 

2 comments:

  1. I love your curtains and I really like that fabric. I recognized it immediately from the pillows you had made. I didn't know that you had gotten it at Ikea. I wish Ikea was a little closer to us.

    I am dreaming of making curtains when we move to our new home in July/August - I hope I will find the time! I can't wait to find out if we are having a boy or a girl in a few weeks so I can start making a few little nursery things.

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Making the curtains for Martin's room was much more exciting!! I can't wait to find out what you are having too! I will be happy to make you fun little skirts if it is a girl or pass down some of m&w's clothes if it a boy.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?