Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Eating (taste): A banana (the third and fourth from the left are my favorite ways to eat a banana - green is good, when it gets too yellow it tastes funny).  It and the next one that I am about to start eating are my dinner today.
Source

Favorite activity right now (sight): quilting and seeing my newly finished quilt.  I just finished one quilt (it is going to be another present, so, you can't see it until later) and I started (and almost finished the whole top) another quilt, which is also going to be a present.  So for now, no pictures, sorry.

Listening to (sound): Majesty by Delirious? One of my favorite songs ever by one of my favorite bands ever.  On a side note, Jared's ipod keeps ruining the song for me because he has it on shuffle and it keeps jumping into a loud Rolling Stones song after Majesty ends.  It just doesn't work.



Here I am humbled by Your Majesty,

Covered by Your grace oh friend.
Here I am knowing I'm a sinful man,
Covered by the blood of the Lamb.
Now I've found the greatest love of all is mine,
Since You laid down Your life,
The greatest sacrifice.

Majesty, Majesty.
Your grace has found me just as I am,
Empty handed but alive in Your hands.

Here I am humbled by the love that You give,
Forgiven so that I can forgive.
So here I stand,
Knowing that I am Your desire,
Sanctified by glory and fire.
And now I've found the greatest love of all is mine,
Since You laid down Your life,
The greatest sacrife.

Majesty, Majesty.
Your grace has found me just as I am,
Empty handed but alive in your hands.
Singing Majesty, Majesty.
Forever I am changed by Your love,
In the presence of Your Majesty.
Majesty.

We're singing Majesty, Majesty.
Your grace has found me just as I am,
And I'm nothing but alive in Your hands.
We're singing Majesty, Majesty.
Forever I am changed by Your love,
In the beauty of Your Majesty.
Majesty.

Favorite Candle: Farmer's Market, Apple Pie, Cinnamon Spice, Pumpkin Pie... all those Fall and Christmas cooking scents.  And homemade english muffins with butter and honey smell pretty awesome as well.  They taste amazing too!!!

Wearing: Soccer sorts and a Gorden College t-shirt (most comfortable t-shirt ever created).

A pet peeve of mine: I thought I had finally solved the problem of having my meat bagged with my produce by helping out and bagging the meat before the cashier bags the meat.  We have a new problem with the cashier now, the last two trips to the store that I have bought eggs, the cashier has banged the eggs all around and rather thrown my eggs towards me.  Fortunately they haven't broken any yet, but it causes me to wince everytime they do it. 

I still love my job. For the last two weeks we have started out the day doing one thing and have had to rush around and finish up things for other projects.  It is always changing; it is great.  I love it.  I worked 9+ hours today and it seemed as if I only worked two or three.  Tuesdays are my favorite day because I have at least 3 meetings (and it makes the day go extremely quick); today I had 5 meetings. My favorite motto for meetings I found online somewhere, "none of us is as dumb as all of us".  ha ha ha.  I would love to start off every meeting that way.  If I had my way, every meeting that I had to throw would be a standing up meeting.  People start becoming tired of standing and they last maximum of 15 minutes.  Perfect timing to accomplish what you need and not waste too much time.  Tomorrow and the rest of the week I am leading a training class for one of my new cells.  We are going to make toast and draw crabs (or maybe make paper airplanes - I am not sure yet).  I might make banana bread.

I started teaching last night.  This year is shaping to be my best year yet.  Right now I have a nice stack of 48 lab reports to grade. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree on the bananas. The really yellow is only for banana bread-and I don't make that often.

    Groceries: I HATE when I spend all that time picking out the perfect FRUIT and then the cashier BANGS it down on the scale!

    You probably already do this, but I separate everything by category and how it will be put away at home on the belt. This usually successfully keeps the cashier from bagging the London Broil with the lettuce.

    Eggs and bread I keep at the back of the belt-along with those delicate tortilla chips. Next time they throw the eggs at, hold up the line by carefully removing them from the bag and open the lid for an "inspection"!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?