Friday, July 01, 2011

A few thoughts...

Yesterday when I went home for lunch, I brought my newspaper in, created my lunch, and sat down to read my paper in peace.  Normally I read the Wall Street Journal during lunch (thank you , Hannah) every day.  I look forward to it because it is relaxing.  However, I opened the paper bag and it was the Baltimore Sun.  What?!?  It was so disappointing.  I realized that I was so used to good writing.  I started thinking that I am really glad that my Mom taught me not only to read, but also to love reading. 
Thanks to Mom for teaching me to read. 
Thanks to Hannah for the Wall Street Journal.
 
Last Tuesday was my birthday.  It was one of the best working birthdays that I have had.  My office (3 interns, 2 full-time employees, and me) all went out of lunch.  We have so much fun together; more fun than should be allowed in an office.  Have I mentioned that I love my job?  I am very thankful for my employees.  I had countless meetings also that day, but they all went really smoothly (that is a huge blessing).  That night my Mom made me favorite foods and a dessert.  Yum yum yum.  Thanks again to Mom.  And on Thursday the engineering department took me out to lunch.  Yay.  Finally, on the weekend, we went to visit Jared's grandmother and go clothes shopping for me.  Jared took me to Georgia House for dinner that night.  It was a great birthday week.  :)
Thanks to my office, engineering, and Jared.
 
My job continues to go well.  I run around all day and never finish everything that I need to do, but I really enjoy what I am doing.  I even have started to enjoy working with some of the people around the plant.  Several of my projects have started to actually make money.  :)  That is always a good thing.  People are starting to work together instead of resist change.  That is another good thing.  This is a job that I never dreamed that I would have the chance to do; if a job could be perfectly designed for me, this would be it. 
 
Have a great holiday weekend.  I am looking forward to relaxing and actually cooking some meals.  Baking is about the only thing that I have had time for recently.  The grill is being used this weekend!  YAY!

1 comment:

  1. so happy your birthday was such a great time!
    our (super late) gifts should be getting to you very soon:)

    love ya! see you IN A BIT!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?