Monday, November 16, 2009

Since I don't have internet at my house now, I only check blogs, facebook, and my email about twice a week. I logged on to facebook today and I noticed that it had started making suggestions of who I should talk to (or as they say "reconnect with").  I thought it was sort of amusing when they suggested that I talk to Matt Robins and my sisters more, but today they really made me laugh.  And I realized again how stupid and pointless facebook relationships are. 



I mean honestly, do they need to tell me to talk to my husband. There should be some sort of feature on facebook that senses when you are married to someone and it knows that probably you speak more in person that online.  I am so thankful that I live in a real world and not a digital one and that my husband and I can communicate face to face instead of through an artifical means.

I love you Jared, but I am not posting on your wall today because facebook told me to.  I will give you a hug when you leave for work and when you come home.  I will have dinner waiting for you when you run out the door to your next job. I will clean our house today and wash your clothes and put them away.  :)  I don't think I need to message you on facebook to let you know I love you.  Plus, you won't log on to your account for another week or so.  I'd rather let you know now.  :)

Anyhow, being removed from the internet makes most of its uses seem so dumb and a waste of time.  I am thankful I don't have internet at my house anymore.

*edit* Oh, and as you can see I am not friends with Mr. Howard in a digital world either.  I didn't even know he was on facebook until today.  ha. 

1 comment:

  1. This is pretty funny.
    I will miss the updates on all the projects you are doing!
    But I do get to see you in person so this is okay.

    We could go back to the old fashioned way of communicating, and one of my personal favorites, the TELEPHONE! But there are those of you who are leery of this 100 year old communication tool:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?