Wednesday, September 09, 2009

3.5 hours of work so far...

Mrs. Bailey asked me to make her this table runner. It is turning out quite nicely (I think). But I have a question for my blog readers... should I include the plaid yellow and blue?

I am not a huge fan of the fabric, but it came in the charm pack. I am not sure if they add something or if they are just not working. I need to stare at it for a little longer, but if you have any opinions let me know. :) Click here for a bigger picture to see the plaid closer.

Ignore the order of the blocks on the top picture. I messed up and had to seam rip the last square and re-sew it. ha. Thankfully, I noticed before I sewed anymore of the blocks on. I love how at each step it looks a little more finished.


Oh, and lastly, take pictures in the daylight. They look so much better and more like real life. Indoor lighting is a sorry excuse for the sun. Bleh. I love nature light. It makes me happy.

8 comments:

  1. mary beth and cindy said add them--just a few--it looks good to have different "texture" :-) even if they are not the prettiest--it makes the whole more interesting

    ReplyDelete
  2. How come you always take pictures of your feet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok... this will definitely become cottage industry for you... I already know of other colors I want and gifts I will give

    I can hardly wait

    the blocks are so small - some of the colors won't really matter- I'd go with whatever Cindy says :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jared and I don't think the blues match and we really don't like the yellow... Still thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, the yellow was my least favorite...but, cindy said SOME yellow was important... if you already have some...skip anymore

    it looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love yellow. Everything should have a bit of yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What's on your foot in the first picture?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Because the runner is long and so my feet end up in the picture when trying to get the entire runner in. To avoid the feet I have to be at an angle and then the runner looks funny. And I have a bandaid on my toe because I got a blister on the side of it from wearing heels around SU's campus and when I went to the gym I didn't want it to get worse.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?