Sunday, November 30, 2008



My sister and Annie are geniuses with the camera. They had some film to use up and asked Jared and I to pose for them Sunday afternoon. It was fun despite the rain. This is one of my favorites.

This is my Jared and me. I had the great pleasure of spending my entire thanksgiving break with him (and I basically mean ENTIRE). I did no schoolwork, but who cares about schoolwork when you have someone as great as Jared around?!? Jared knew I was sort of grumpy Saturday (for no reason that I can explain because everything was going very smoothly and I was having a lot of fun) so he spent the rest of the day doing things for me and cheering me up. He took me to get my watch fixed and he helped me quilt together the rest of my table runner and then took me over to his parents house and helped me iron the binding and cut out the borders and all the boring stuff in quilting... He let me do the fun stuff and he just sat around and helped in whatever way he could. Jared is wonderful. I so look forward to spending the rest of my life with him and trying to outdo his kindness. I think it will be fun, hard at times, but still fun.

And finally, thanksgiving was great. I did nothing, well no schoolwork. I hung out at my house a lot and of course went to the Robins for thanksgiving dessert leftovers. Jared and I watched A Christmas Carol, Toy Story, and Rudolph. We played scrabble and cribbage and did crosswords and quilted and ate tons and tons of mom's wonderful food!! I love spending time at home with my family and Jared and my friends!! It was so good to see Hayley this weekend and eat her delicious food as well. Woohoo. I love holidays. Thanksgiving has always been one of my favorites.



I love us!

13 comments:

  1. I don't like the part about you eating mom.

    But besides that, it was great having you home over the weekend.

    THREE.MORE.WEEKS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I changed it and added a new photo. I am sorry that I ate Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love YOU too!!!! You are so beautiful together. You look magically wonderful as a couple :)) Lots of frame material...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah, this is such a beautiful picture of you both! and it really showcases the photographer's talent!!

    And there is nothing like being in love with the man of your dreams! For sure! I will say, there will be the days that you will be having fun trying to outdo your husbands kindness. Then there will be the days where you will wonder if you husband EVER was kind at any point of his life.

    oh the roller coaster! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. these pictures are so wonderful; i can't explain how they delight my soul; wow! i love having the two of you gracing our home; we will miss having you around as much, but will cherish the times you do come over! no, i am not depressed, rather i am excited for you! i love love

    ReplyDelete
  6. and amen, Linnea; that is so true! Marriage is the most wonderful, wonderful gift, and yet, it can be darn hard at times; guess it is the sin nature in us...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think they are wonderful too! I have been staring at them all day. I have a talented sister and she has an amazing friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with what Linnea has said. But I have to say that while Jamie and I were getting ready to marry each other we were so concerned with responibility and commitment, that come with the marriage, that it was only in a while that we realised marriage doesn't HAVE to be difficult. It's actually much fun! Much more fun than serious work. Although relationships do need to be nourished and take some effort. But don't let the seriousness of this step make your joy less enjoyable ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen Dasha!(and everyone else)! The hard parts of marriage are, more often than not, MY own sinful, imperfect self and I am good at bringing trouble on my self(I was that kinda' kid too:-0

    The pictures are amazing!

    OOO! Word Verification: BOOPH(a fav. word of mine:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. that first picture looks like a still from some eastern-european gothic indie romance flick. two hardworking peasants stealing away from their toils for a moment of happy intimacy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mr. Howard, what a wonderful observation! I'm going to go write the screenplay!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?