Thursday, November 10, 2005

Thinking of the holidays makes me smile.

It's the most wonderful time of the year.
With the kids jingle belling,
and everyone telling you,"Be of good cheer,"
It's the most wonderful time of the year.


There'll be parties for hosting,
marshmallows for toasting and
caroling out in the snow.
There'll be scary ghost stories and
tales of the glories of Christmases
long, long ago.

It's the most wonderful time of the year.
There'll be much mistletoeing
and hearts will be glowing,
when loved ones are near.
It's the most wonderful time of the year.

Cold weather makes me start thinking of the holidays and all the joy that come along with them. All the great people that come home and the parties and late nights spent laughing with old friends and the good food. Mrs. Shelton was making ginderbread last night and it smelled SO good. Yum. Days like this make me long for the holidays.

And I think mistletoe is stupid!

10 comments:

  1. MMMmmm... gingerbread!!! I'll be making a gingerbread basket soon! (maybe Jared remembers it) and fill it with cookies!! I LOVE the holidays!!!! Everyones house smells so great!!! Except in Ukraine. We never leave the house that day since it isn't a 'holiday' here. heh. Jared, wanna help with the egg-nog? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanksgiving is MY favorite holiday, but the whole Christmas Season is the most charming and the spirit is most catching, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfect goodness.
    mama cindy's gingerbread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. boy, Faith, everything makes you smile these days...

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmhmm. Smiles all over.

    It's a jolly time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. not everything... mom's apple pie last night did!!! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeanne, I hate eggnog! GRRRRRR. Yeah, the gingerbread basket is neat....I had forgotten about it!

    Faith, "You'd better go home and eat a tater."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jared, you're a jolly good fellow.

    (I guess that makes Faith a jolly good Fellow-ess)

    ReplyDelete
  9. and a cute jolly good fellow at that.
    I suppose I should go eat a tater... but I am at school instead. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?