Monday, November 05, 2018

2018 - Book 47

Pages 106

My MIL gave me this book years ago and I picked it up as I was recently planning a camping trip for the family.  It has all sorts of great tips for camping with kids (from travelling to cooking and activities).  I used it to jump start my lists for planning and to gather some good ideas to keep the kids busy and happy.

Happy Camper Principle Number 1
Camping happily requires what you need to camp happily.

AKA You need to decide what makes your family happy and will keep them happy.

For example: I would be perfectly happy sleeping in a tent on the ground. My husband - not so much.  But we don't need a giant camping trailer or a lodge. Normally, we would borrow my parent's pop-up camper and be perfectly content.  But this was a short, spur-of-the moment trip and we just decided that it was be simpler to rent a mini cabin at the state park. It was $20 more a night, but we didn't have to drag a camper along and there was electric.

Happy Camper Principle Number 3
Everything should be fun ... so make it so.

I think she also mentions making sure everyone is fed.  I learned in my 6 hour car ride (by myself with the boys) this summer that food is SUPER important.  So are trips to get out and stretch our legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?