Saturday, May 19, 2018

It rained for five days and five nights.


I love rain. I love grey weather. I love sleeping with the sound of rain. I love playing in the rain and splashing in puddles and getting soaked. We have had five days of steady-never-let-up-crazy-rain-all-day weather. Five day. Five nights. My parent's field has ten inches of water and all my tomatoes and potatoes and strawberries and watermelons will die... my neighbors' yards are flooded... it is a little much. All of the bugs have had enough and are starting to seek dry land (aka my house).

In a more positive spin, because my parent's field flooded thousands of frogs decided it would be a good place to mate. The boys and I caught four pairs of frogs and let them lay eggs in a container. Hopefully we will have baby tadpoles in a week or two. It is more interesting to study the life cycle of frogs with a real life example.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?