Monday, May 28, 2018

2018 - Book 21

These are the three books in the trilogy. 

The copy I found at the library looked like this.
pages: 250

The boys both loved this trilogy.  We read it in four days. The story and the illustrations are delightful.  The boys were intrigued by the map in the front and back of the book. The story follows a little boy that goes on an adventure to save a baby dragon and the adventures they have together. The boy and animals can talk to each other (that is never explained). The boy leaves home several times for several days or weeks and the parents are perfectly fine with that (that is also never explained).

It was a fun read. We were gifted the books on cd for Christmas and are saving them for a car ride this summer. Do you have any other suggestions for books on tape for kids in a car? I really want to do the Narnia radio theater, but I don't think they are quite old enough... I don't want to ruin it by reading it too early.

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of these, but looks like something fun to read to Isaac when he is just a bit older.

    Also, I noticed that they are written by "Ruth Stiles Gannett" and illustrated by "Ruth Chrisman Gannett." I will have to look up the story behind that - are they related or just happen to have the same first and last name?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?