Saturday, March 17, 2018

Another Abandoned Book

I read 9/13 chapters for a Bible study. I couldn't bring myself to finished the middle four chapters (we were assigned readings from the book, so they weren't in order). 

I found myself writing editorial notes in the margins of the last two chapters that I read. 
Things like:
"Wordy"
"Personal story distracts from point"
"Remove made-up example and let verse speak for itself"
"Confusing"
"Try saying this in one or two sentences instead of 15"
"How does these points flow? What is the point? Try arranging them in a different order."

On top of the poor writing the book is formatted horribly. There are different fonts, varying size fonts, and bold an underline words everywhere. It is extremely distracting and unpleasant to read. 

This book needed a good editor to give it some clarity and flow. It had some good points, but it hurt my eyes (and head) to try to get through to them. 

Also, as noted before, I don't like books written specifically for women. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?