Friday, December 15, 2017

Wisconsin

Last week, for Christmas, my parents watched the kids and gifted us a few nights away at a marriage retreat in the cutest of little towns. 

Right on Lake Michigan. 

It was freezing. Well, below freezing. Like 20°F each day. And we had about 100 pages of reading to do each day, in addition to lectures. So, we didn't do much exploring. 

The last night it dusted with snow. 

We stopped to look at the lighthouse before we drove to the airport. Too cold to get out of the car. 

Snowy as we left. We flew in clouds the entire trip. 

And we came home to more snow. 
Crazy. 

Now Jared has some sort of stomach bug (or food poisoning) and two of the boys have had colds since Monday. I've been doing a lot of holding sick kids, reading books, and wiping noses. 

I did manage to make three draft stopper door things for the bedroom doors we don't use upstairs. It was a good distraction for the boys to help stuff them with beans and fabric scraps. And my hallway seems much warmer now... Maybe it is just my imagination. 

Maybe things will be more normal next week. I haven't even started Christmas shopping for siblings yet. Is it too late to order things? I'm in denial that Christmas is in 10 days. How can that be? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?