Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Sappy post

These two! 

Before I had kids I really wanted a girl to be my oldest so that I would have a little helper for my younger kids. Plus, I am the oldest and I am a girl and I think oldest girls are pretty special. 

But let me tell you about Martin!! He is just the sweetest and dearest oldest child I could have asked for. He loves his brothers and he loves to help with anything (building a rocking chair, vacuuming, collecting trash, unloading dishwasher, helping his brothers put on shoes or coats, raking the yard). He does it joyfully. Sometimes he put me to shame with how patient he is with his brothers.  He talks a mile a minute and thinks deeply about life. 

I guess this is just a sappy post to say, I love you buddy!! And I wouldn't trade you for a thousand oldest girls. 

Ad then there is Warbie... He is my snuggly one. He loves to do whatever Martin is doing, which means he is usually offering to help me too. It is a joy to have two brothers that love each other so much! I have so much fun being their mom. I love the little years. 

Those are their work uniforms (safety glasses, hard hats, ear protection, and gloves). 

And then there is this jolly soul... I don't think a happier baby ever existed. 

They are all in the midst of a cold and general yuckiness. I am pausing to be grateful for the well days and the good times in the midst of illness. And I am thanking God for letting me be their mom and praying he makes himself real to them at an early age. That he grabs hold of their lives and changes them to love his word and his work. That he give them a passion to glorify him with their time, talent, and treasure. 💜

Happy Wednesday before Christmas. 


1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?