Thursday, November 02, 2017

Pillowcases (and random thoughts on painting)

For their third birthdays we let the kids pick out fabric for pillowcases. It is highly entertaining. There are so many ugly fabrics that kids are drawn too. 

Warren did pretty well. 

1.  fire trucks (I had some flame fabric in a pile of scraps that someone gave me - it made a perfect cuff). Why was this firetruck fabric $12.99 a yard at Hobby Lobby (it is a cheap fabric). I don't even pay that much for nice fabric. 

2. Minions. Everything minions. They have never even seen the movies. But Aunt Hope hooked them on them and we can't stop. It is the only "themed" items I will agree to buy. I forgot to add the extra fabric to this one and now it is a bit short. I might go back and add something, but it requires pre washing a piece and then sewing it on. And I'm not sure I am that bothered that it is a bit too short. 

This is how we haul in the groceries. 

I get to teach one of the beginning classes for ESL tonight. I'm avoiding working on my lesson. I already made a huge pot of sausage and gravy for a church breakfast this week. Now I keep staring at one of the walls in my room and thinking about painting it. Do you think I could get it done before Jared came home?

This is my inspiration. The room doesn't get enough light to paint all the walls dark blue. But I loved the colonial blue in my old room and I have enough leftover for one wall (from the schoolroom).  Recently, I've been dreaming about an accent wall. Hmmmmm. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?