Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Tea Corner

Look. I spruced up my ugly corner counter. It is a little change, but it makes me happy 

I was inspired by friends of mine's tea shelves (hi, Ginger! Hi, Michelle!). I was also tired of moving all the teas around in the cabinet to find what I wanted. So, I pulled all the tea and set them on the counter. And then stenciled the word tea on the tiles after I washed them. 

But that fluorescent light was so ugly!!! The boys love to turn that light on when they put away the silverware. They leave it on. Boo!  So I stitched up the first fabric that I could grab (I think it looks like a surgical cap that you would wear in the operating theater, but it was literally the first thing I grabbed in my scrap pile - maybe I'll replace it someday) and used a tension curtain rod to suspend it. 

It looks a little like this. But worse. 

The brown mark on the counter came from the light bulb under the microwave. We had it on this counter when we first moved in and the boys turned the light on and I didn't realize it for a few hours. So, it burned the counter. 

Before and after. 

And now the light doesn't even look as ugly. 

These pictures do make me want to finish painting the cupboards and paint the lower ones. Ugh. And that laminate countertop... I don't even know what to do with that...

1 comment:

  1. It looks so cute! I can't wait to have a cup of tea next time I visit. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?