Friday, October 27, 2017

Scrappy Quilt

This is a quilt that I finished several years ago. But I just found this in my draft folder. Weird. It is the first quilt that I tried something different on the quilting. So, to that end, it holds a special place in my heart. 
Here are close ups of the blocks so that you can see the quilting.  I outlined the blocks and doodled all sorts of different things inside each one. It was really fun and it turned out well. That doesn't always happen. 
I really like circles for boarders, but it doesn't fit on so many quilts and runners. I loved the way it turned out in balance to the lines here. 
And this star is my favorite part! I love the echo quilting. 
I should be brave and try new things like this more often. It takes forever, but looks way cooler. 
Here is the back. 
Here is baby Martin helping me pin it together before I quilted it. 
Sweet Mr. Baby. 
And here is a picture of Mr. Baby to remind you how goofy looking he was. 
haha. 
Look at that hair. 

He was a happy baby. 
Hello, old kitchen! I miss your cheery walls and perfect working space.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?