Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Hosea

From time to time I think, "if I had to get a tattoo, what would it be?" Most of the time I can't think of anything. Sometimes I think it would have to be an ampersand because I collect them, but it doesn't really mean anything to me. I know that I would want it to be a testimony to God's faithfulness in my life or a reminder of His grace and power. 

Quickly becoming my favorite passage in Hosea is chapter 6 verses 1-4. 

"Come, let us return to the Lord;
 for he has torn us, that he may heal us;
 he has struck us down, and he will bind us up.

After two days he will revive us;
    on the third day he will raise us up,
    that we may live before him.

Let us know; let us press on to know the Lord;
  his going out is sure as the dawn;
  he will come to us as the showers,
  as the spring rains that water the earth.”

So there it is. Right now, that is what I would choose. :) in someone else's
Handwriting, of course. 

1. I am struck by how much God is doing in this passage: tearing/healing, striking/binding, reviving, raising, coming, going, refreshing as the rain. 

2. Secondly, look at what we still have to do: return, live before Him, press on. 

I'm asking the Holy Spirit for help with my  tasks today. And resting in His perfect plan. 

3. It is hard to return to someone that has struck you down, unless you know that they love you. I'm glad that I know a Soverign God who is in control of all things. 

Hosea is refreshing my soul. I can't wait to dig into the other minor prophets! 

Ps. I remembered the other book I've read this month. A Praying a Life by Paul Miller. It was excellent!! I'll probably resd it again in a few years. So many helpful ideas about prayer. 

1 comment:

  1. I've also let my mind wander to what type of tattoo I would get. I, like you, never came up with anything that I would desire to have a tattoo of! But now, if I were to get a tattoo it would be of matching scars of my little one. The 'zipper', the chest tube holes, where the pacer lines were, that is what I would get! It would be a reminder of God's faithfulness and grace in my little ones life (and how He has used it to bring me closer to Him). I wonder if she will ever be embarrassed or teased of her scars as she gets older... and for that reason, I'd match her to support her.

    I'm going to get the readers bible. My goal is to finish the bible by the end of the year! And then camping out in the minor prophets sounds like a good idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?