I know, I said no kitchen renovations for at least a year, but I was just itching to get this cabinet out of the way. We will call this part one.
1. I removed the doors on the built in bookshelves way back in the picture by the fireplace. I'm going to paint those white and the backs some fun color (red or blue).
2. The whole kitchen is going to be gutted and made bigger (we plan to knock down some walls and take out some closets), but that is on the one year plan. I want to work in the space for a while and get a feel for a good flow. I did know I wanted these cabinets that blocked my view of the dining area gone. Goodbye cabinets. Hello, openess.
3. We will remove that random piece of wall between the fireplace room and kitchen area when we gut the kitchen. I just want to kick it out right now though. Why? Who thought two doorways would be a good idea?
4. That wood paneling is going to be painted soon. I give it a month, maybe two. It is near the top of the list.
5. That bulkhead above the cabinets is horrible. Lost storage space and it makes the kitchen smaller. That will be torn out when the kitchen is gutted.
We are going to play around with this space a lot before we actually change it. We plan to try some paint colors out while we wait.
Before (cats cats cats - the biggest cat I have ever seen hopped up and sprawled out on the counter when I first visited the house...yes, Up. On. The. Counter. Where food is served and made.)
After part one
Oh, and the dishwasher, stove, and frig are all 15 years or older. They aren't going to be replaced until they bite the dust. Why spend money when you don't need to? I hope they live a nice long life.
Can you paint a refrigerator? I really don't like it white. But I am not about to replace something that works.