Friday, May 06, 2016

Table runner and apron

My best friend from college (probably the only one that I still talk to with any regularity) asked me to make her an apron for Christmas (I know, it is MAY and I am finally posting about this).  She even bought the fabric and brought it to me.  I had been wanting to make her an apron for a while, but I was stuck on fabric.  We have different tastes in prints and patterns.  

There was just enough of the fabric left that I was able to throw together a little table runner with the leftover pieces.  

I used some Christmas fabric of mine on the back that coordinated with the light blue binding.  I really love the way it turned out. I wanted to keep it. 

But that is the great thing about starting a project and knowing it is going to someone... 

I really love it.  

I didn't have quite enough fabric to make the binding. I cheated and I made half binding, half bias tape.  It was a little thinner than normal binding. 

And this is all I had left of the binding when I made it all the way around the runner.  That is it.  From all the fabric she bought me, that is all I had left.  I was pretty impressed I was able to turn all of it into something useful. 

On to the apron:
I made my own bias tape to go around the apron. 

Here it is finished. Don't you just love the ruffle?!? I love it.  It is the best apron I have ever made.  It took about 8-10 hours to get everything perfect, but I did have to keep stopping to help Martin with things.  He doesn't stay entertained for too long by himself when I am sewing.  He wants to stop and help.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?