Friday, February 26, 2016

Diapers

I told myself I would at least publish something on Fridays and I had some post set up ahead of time, but they are all saved in drafts half finished. So, instead you get a few photos off my phone and some notes about diapers. How exciting. Maybe on my next free night I'll finish the posts. I have a bunch of projects and recipes that need to be posted. 

Sometimes your sister tells you about a really good diaper deal and you drag the baby out into the misty night to pick them up (we were at the Target end of town using our Chick-fil-A calendar cards - a Christmas gift from my parents every year - thanks, mom and dad. It is always a treat to not have to cook once a month).  Instead of $19.99 a box they were $8.77. 

Diapers don't go bad, thankfully. I won't need any for a while since we only use disposables at night and when we are out of the house. I am still in love with my Bum Genius cloth diapers when we are at home.  I calculate I have saved about $2000 between the two boys. That's not to shabby. It is a little work, but I also like not throwing so many diapers away. It is amazing how fast diapers fill up the trash can. However, it is also nice to not have to worry about cleaning a cloth diaper while out in public and knowing your children will sleep dry through the night. I am not firmly in either diapering camp (like so much of my parenting, I find benefits from both sides). 

Also, Target has the best, deepest child seats! But even still, the baby was less than thrilled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?