Thursday, April 16, 2015

His Mercies Are New

From John Piper:

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. (Lamentations 3:22-23)

"God’s mercies are new every morning because each day only has enough mercy in it for that day.

This is why we tend to despair when we think that we may have to bear tomorrow’s load on today’s resources. God wants us to know: We won’t. Today’s mercies are for today’s troubles. Tomorrow’s mercies are for tomorrow’s troubles."

I read that today and I was also reminded of the Corrie Ten Boom story she tells about her train tickets. When she was a small girl she was wondering about having the strength to face certain things. She asked her father about it. He asked her, "Corrie, when we are going on a train trip, when do I give you the ticket? Do I give it to you at the house or along the way? No, I wait until you need it to board and then I give it to you. God is like that. He carries the tickets until we need them." That story has always stuck with me. 

Praise God for being such a loving and caring Heavenly Father. Great is His faithfulness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?