Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Chocolate PB Cheesecake and other random thoughts

1. I don't like cheesecake, but I made this for one of Jared's friends at work. It is peanut butter cheesecake with chocolate ganoche swirled into the batter. I also made a chocolate crust and melted chocolate over it, before pouring in the batter. As I said, I don't like cheesecake, but I had a piece of this and it wasn't too bad. 

2. Today is Jared's last day at his job, where he has worked for over ten years!! He starts a new job on Monday. 

3.  I ordered Martin's birthday presents yesterday. I bought some preschool curriculum (I like to plan ahead by a year or two) and six new Bible story books and/or devotionals for bedtime. I ended up buying:
* The Big Book of Questions and Answers - Ferguson
* The Big Book of Questions and Answers about Jesus - Ferguson
* The Gospel Story Book Bible
* The Names of God - Sally Michael
* The Providences of God - Sally Michael
* Another Sally Michael/Desiring God book

I will let you know how they all work out. I am excited. As much as I LOVE the Jesus Storybook Bible, after over 10 times through it, I need a bit of a break. Someone at church lent me the Big Book of Question and Answers to look through and I love it!!! I can't wait until the kids are a bit older and can do some of the memory work and activities.  

Current reading: The Shaping of a Christian Family by E. Elliot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?